dissabte, 19 de novembre del 2011

CANADA

Hello everybody!!
Today I will talk about my experience in Ottawa (Canada). My oral presentation is not as interesting as Tiziana’s but I think that it’s an amazing experience.
-First I will sumarize in what consist the whole stay in Canada.
-Then I will explain a little bit about the school and the classes.
-After that I will tell you about the activities we did there.
- Then I will explain som things that we did at night.
- After that I will say somthing about the farewell
-And finally I will tell you some interesting things.
I went to canada with a company called KELLS COLEGE. You contract this company and they do everithing for you. They buy your airline ticket, they chose the best school camp and they find for you a residence or a family (you can choose one or the other)
I stayed there with a host family, the harvey’s. They were jamaican. Those are my canadian sister and brother. She is Naomi and he is David. The second week, my family hosted a guy from Quebec. With my host family we did a lot of things, we went to visit an amazing beach in Quebec, we did a barbacue with the neighbours, we went to visit David in a Skate contest, and every Sunday morning we went to the church.
I went to NSL Camps (National school of Languatges) at Elmwood School (Elmwood school is a girl school during the year and in the sumer is an School Camp.
In this camp there were people from around the world (Chinese, Japanese, Colombian, Mexican, French, Quebecois, Russian, Hungarian, some from South Arabia and from Spain). Our schedule was: from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12:00 pm classes. And in the afternon from 13:30pm to 16:30pm actitvities.
I went to the advanced group, and my teacher was called Holly, but I always called her Molly J The classes were so interesting, we did soome debates, two 15 minutes oral presentation and a 30 minutes oral presentation. We read a book called Saving Private Ryan and the last day we saw the film. We did some pair projects and an exam every week. The last project we did, was to made a Cookbook with the recipies from our countries. And at the end of the week we cooked the easiest one. We cooked fajitas!!
All the people from the camp had to wear a band to identify in wich class they were, and which activitys thei will do in the afternoon. Advanced class had to wear an orange band (like this).
In the afternoon we visited some museums, we played beach volleyball, baseball, american football, basketball, we did a karaoke party, the talent show, the olympics, a mini boat cruise, we visited the parliament and the prime minister house, we went bowling, we did some wather games and a big waterballons fight.
On Saturdays we did a trip. The first Saturday we went to a water park called calipso(it’s the biggest wather park in America), the second we went to Montreal to visit the city and the Biodome (a zoo), the third one, we visited the Aboriginals and the last one we did a barbacue with all the studens from the camp. (This is a pictur of our wonderfull bus. Every Saturday we took this bus to travel around Ontario)
Ottawa’s nightlive. Always we had to arrive before 8pm at home but some days, with the permisiom of our host famili, we arrived late becaus we went to explore Ottawa at night. We went to have dinner at Hard Rock Caffe, another day we saw a light show in the parliament fence, another day we saw some street shows and the last night we went to have dinner in typical restaurant and after that we went on a concert.
The last day, after the classes, we did the graduation. The head teacher(headmaster) gaves us a Certificate saying that we were at NSL Camps studing english for four weeks.
When we had to leave all the people that we met there, everyone start to cry. We met very good friends at NSL. They were so kind and friendly. (This is a picture of NSL Group and another from KELLS and the COLOMBIAN)
And to end my oral presentation I want so say that if you go to Canada you have to eat Timbits from Tim Hortons and drink some iced drink from Second Cup. (This picture is the Second Cup that i had in front of my house) Those are the BEST and the MOST TYPICAL bars in Canada.
Of course I had tell a lot of things but I could tell you much more. I think that it’s an amazing experience that everyone have to live once in his live. Travel somewere alone, it’s a good way to “survive”!!!!!!!!!
Thank you soo much for listening!!


View more presentations from joanabofill

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada